Kids Martial Arts
Agility – Coordination – Confidence – Focus
Children’s Martial Arts Program:
Taught by Certified Coaches Under the National Coaching Certification Program NCCP
Our Children’s Martial Arts Program aims to provide motivational and inspirational content to help children achieve physical excellence through the martial arts. Programs provided joint content based on Wushu-KungFu and TaeKwonDo. Our unique program allows for a diverse range of skill sets designed to prepare students for a lifetime enjoyment of the martial arts. Development is emphasized with fundamental movement skills along with the tenets of discipline, respect and teamwork.
Sunny Tang Martial Arts Programming
Our introduction program follows a specific structure of achievements that enhances the students understanding of movement through the martial arts. Various fundamental skill sets are achieved through a detailed sash and belt testing system that is vital for personal growth, offering recognition, motivation, and clear goals. Students are inspired by their achievements and motivate others to enhance their skills. Valuable feedback refines techniques, while accountability ensures discipline and respect. Successful testing inspires fellow students. Sunny Tang Martial Arts embraces inclusivity, catering to all ages and fitness levels. Experienced instructors and comprehensive programs create a supportive environment for self-improvement and transformation.
Follow the Belt Program below:
Once the introduction program is complete students move up to intermediate levels of training in either Wushu, KungFu Combat or TaeKwonDo
Level 2 Program (pdf) Intermediate Wushu
Level 3 Program (pdf) Advanced Wushu
Competitive Level Program (pdf) High Performance Wushu
- Designed specifically for 6 and under
- Utilizes content of the Introduction Program Curriculum
- Focuses on agility, physical excellence, and coordination.
- Develops fundamental movement skills (running, jumping, spinning, striking, blocking).
- Enhances motor skills (speed, strength, balance).
- Introduces the variety and versatility of Wushu movements.
- Teaches the ABCs of Wushu fundamentals (Striking, Kicking, Stances, Aerial movements).
- Emphasizes focus, discipline, respect, and teamwork.
- As students develop maturity they may move early to introduction level based on coach recommendation.
- Students who complete this program progress directly to Level 2 Intermediate classes
Upon completing the Panda Certification Program, members can progress to one of our programs designed for participants aged 13 and over.
- Our curriculum follows an achievement-based approach, providing positive reinforcement.
- Earning achievements and levelling up gives children a sense of accomplishment and boosts their self-esteem.
- Each requirement is based on fundamentals of striking, kicking, knowledge of forms/combinations and physical abilities.
- Each sash/belt requires 4 achievements indicated by our striping system.
- Upon recognition of 4 achievements the student is ready to apply for sash/belt testing.
- NCCP Certified coaches create a safe and enjoyable environment for children.
- Coaches have first aid certification and meet the requirements of our governing provincial sports organizations.
- Our centres are official members of WushuOntario and TaeKwonDo Ontario
- Learn More www.wushucanada.com
- Learning self-defense skills improves children’s self-confidence and helps deter bullies.
- Martial arts training develops necessary movement skills for excelling in other sports and life challenges.
- Team work and positive group environment that emphasizes respect and discipline.
- We reinforce positive thinking, acknowledge individual goals and abilities.
- Emphasize good rules, behaviour, and respect in class, at home, in school, and in daily life
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Training schedules are unique to all members. We require a commitment of at least 2 classes per week for children, while adults cater to their own time availability. Like most achievements in life, the more commitment and dedication, the better the results. We conveniently operate classes 7 days a week, the rest is up to you!
Classes begin at 5pm on weekdays and on weekends at about 9:30am. Maturity levels, age groups and program type dictate the class times that are right for you. Feel free to contact us to book a time to drop in and view or partake in a trial class, it is absolutely the best way to find out if our school is right for you. Our full schedule is available for download under the membership section.
Private individual or group lessons are available. The benefits of personal training allows our coach to fully analyze and point out strengths and weaknesses and provide more effective instruction to enhance training for quicker improvement. Personal training is recommended for specific goals, whether for evaluation preparation, competition or for entertainment industry performers preparing for unique and specialized acts. Specific fight choreography, weaponry training and stunt training is available through our program director and action choreographer Alan Tang who has over 20 years of experience in the film and television industry.
Membership at our centre begins as early as 3 years old, however it is always best to book a trial class for students first to ensure proper programming. Beginner levels are assigned based on maturity of the participants and specifically taught to motivate and promote proper long term development. A student is easily assessed by our coaching staff and the only criteria to membership is the students willingness to actively participate.
We offer competition for our students in both recreational and competitive levels. Competitions and evaluations are a great way to motivate and to set goals for members. Classes and curriculum are designed to set targets for each person in order to improve their abilities both physically and mentally. High performance training is specific to those vying for provincial or national level competition events.
Booking a trial class is simple. Just call us to arrange a class in the appropriate program and maturity level. We host a variety of programs 7 days a week to cater to your busy schedules. Direct bookings 416-801-5614.
Family and friends are always welcome at the centre. Whether to view or to participate in a trial class students are encouraged to share their experiences at Sunny Tang Martial Arts. Unique parent program rates along with sibling and multi-member discounts are available.